Calvary Adelaide Emergency Department
For medical emergencies, please call 000 for Ambulance assistance
Estimated wait time:
- rapid assessment and triage of patients
- 24 hour private emergency medical and nursing care for a full range of medical and surgical emergencies
- comprehensive cardiac and chest pain services
- access to Resuscitation and Intensive Care Unit
- access to Radiology including X-ray, Ultrasound, MRI, CT Scan, and Nuclear Medicine
- access to pathology and pharmacy
24 Hour Emergency Hospital Parking in Adelaide
There is a patient set down area at the Calvary Adelaide Private Emergency Department entrance, however, parking is not allowed in this location.
Street Parking & Car Parks
Ticket parking is available on Angas Street and Pulteney Street as well as several nearby commercial car parks. Additionally, some of the side streets have free 1 and 2 hour parking spots.
If you are in need of assistance in getting to or from the Calvary Adelaide Emergency Department, please call 08 8227 7077.
Drop Off & Pick Up
Within the emergency centre entrance, there are 4 x 5 min parking bays and 1 x 5 min disabled parking bay. You can use these when dropping off or picking up a patient however they are not available for long term parking.
Calvary Adelaide Private Emergency Department – General Information
- Calvary Adelaide Private Emergency Department is located within the Calvary Wakefield Hospital in Adelaide.
- We provide 24 hour emergency care immediately to adults and children, 7 days a week.
- Referrals are not required to attend the Emergency Department.
- All our physician and nursing staff have many years of experience in emergency treatment and care. Presenting patients will be seen by one of these experienced physicians.
- If admission to the Calvary Adelaide Hospital is required, we can provide various options for inpatient care and can refer you to the most appropriate specialists.
Private Emergency Department Fees & Payments
The Calvary Adelaide Emergency Department is a privately owned and non-government funded private emergency department.
For most patients, an emergency department visit in Adelaide will cost $430 out-of-pocket expense. While Medicare covers a portion of your visit, there may be additional costs associated with some services that may be required.
Please see our fees & payments page for more information on 24 hour private emergency department rates.
- Dr Sharad Pandit – Director of Emergency Medicine
- Dr Jarrod Koh – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Mohines Pala – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Alison Kent – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Dilyara Mulraney – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Amir Raza – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Sarabjit Saggu – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Anke Barta – Emergency Medicine FACEM
- Dr Arvind Byka – Emergency Medicine FACEM
Chief Medical Officers
- Dr Anthony Antonas
- Dr Julie Downie
- Dr Mark Fuidge
- Dr Henry Hancock
- Dr Carolyn Roesler
Moving from the Calvary Wakefield Hospital
The Calvary Adelaide Private Emergency Department moved from the old premises at 300 Wakefield Street Adelaide on 7th January 2020 to the new premises at 120 Angas Street Adelaide.